Tikal, Maya City of Voices
Journey to the savannahs and rain forest of northern Guatemala to visit the famed Maya ruins of Tikal. Transfer to a nearby airport for flight by chartered airplane to the vast northern region of El Peten. Depending on the size of the airplane, the flight will take from 40 minutes to one hour. Upon arrival at the Mundo Maya International Airport, board a bus and enjoy a fifty-minute drive while.
Journey to the savannahs and rain forest of northern Guatemala to visit the famed Maya ruins of Tikal. Transfer to a nearby airport for flight by chartered airplane to the vast northern region of El Peten.
Depending on the size of the airplane, the flight will take from 40 minutes to one hour. Upon arrival at the Mundo Maya International Airport, board a bus and enjoy a fifty-minute drive while an English-speaking guide provides an overview about the region in preparation for the visit to Tikal, one of the greatest Maya cities known and studied to date, declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Disembark at the entry to the grounds of Tikal and begin a guided hike along dirt roads and pathways leading back in time. A mysterious realm unfolds as you enter the forest surrounding the ruins. Your guide will explain the cosmic vision of life at the peak of rule of the Maya. After a kilometer of walking, the various structures that comprise the Great Plaza will come into view.
Their magnificent architecture can still be admired after hundreds of years, and you will marvel at the size of the Central Acropolis and North Acropolis and will be awed by Temples I and II and Temples IV and V, which tower above the tree-line. Retrace your steps back to the picnic area near the entrance where a freshly-cooked meal including chicken with vegetables, rice and your choice of beverage will be served.
Relax and reflect upon magnificent remnants of the Maya culture before boarding transportation for the return trip to the airport for your flight back to the port and the comforts of your ship.
|Duración:||9 1/2 Hours|
|Includes:||Roundtrip transportation the puerto , tour guide, entrance. Food, Drinks.|
|What´s to bring:||Camera, hiking shoes, suntan lotion and hat|
- Complementary soft drinks or bottled water are served during the tour.
- Round trip transport between the ship and attractions.
- The meeting point is inside the pier. Happy Fish Travel have a special permission. Our guides are located close to the main gangway, just behind the security stand (scanner).
- Our guides will be at pier with a sign and the name of the tour on it.
- This tour has been designated an adventure tour.
- All tour guides are bi-lingual English – Spanish. For other languages please make the request in advance.
- During this tour, in some places there is no shade, pax should bring sunscream, a hat, sunglases, etc.
- During the rainy season, Sep- Nov, pax should expect some rain. Pax should bring a raincoat.
- Happy Fish Travel suggests pax to bring mosquito spray for beach and rain forest tours.
- Boats and tour guide are equipped with First-Aid Kit in case of accidents.
- Pax should wear comfortable shoes.
- Pax should be advised to bring a backpack to store cameras, film, sunscream and any other belongings for easy travel.
- This tour is designed for active people that enjoy exercise and the great outdoors.