Discovering Caribbean Livingston Village
One of characteristic more interesting from Livingston is that in this small place of Guatemala, live harmoniously different ethnic groups: Los Garìfunas, they arrived since 1802, originating from Roatan Island, Honduras. Los Hindus they arrived by Belize being their origins from India. Q'eqchies descendants from Mayas and finally Los Latino.
Depart from the pier by boat to the waterfront town of Livingston. Livingston is the home of the Garifuna culture in Guatemala. Here at Livingston the locals lead a very Caribbean lifestyle, meaning the atmosphere is very relaxed, laid back and playful, and there is no hurry for anything, like time just stood still.
We will visit the multicultural museum and Later we will happen to a typical restaurant of the area where if you want you will be able to eat for lunch or to take a drink.
One of characteristic more interesting from Livingston is that in this small place of Guatemala, live harmoniously different ethnic groups: Los Garìfunas, they arrived since 1802, originating from Roatan Island, Honduras. Los Hindus they arrived by Belize being their origins from India. Los Q'eqchies descendants from Los Mayas and finally Los Ladinos.
The four groups include a social group with different cultures and origins, making Livingston a town of workers persons, that they watch towards the future with enthusiasm and they collaborate united to obtain the development ecological of this place, known in Guatemala like the God Earth. Also, there are many protected areas like Rio Sarstun and The Rio Dulce Canyon. By this and more, we invited you to visit this small paradise and to joy with our people.
|Includes:||Roundtrip transportation the puerto , tour guide, entrance.|
|Do no include:||Food, Drinks.|
|What´s to bring:||Camera, hiking shoes, suntan lotion and hat|
|Private Price:||We offer the possibility to make this tour PRIVATE (Boat & Guide) for an additional fee of 30% of the regular rate and with a minimum of 8 participants.|
- Complementary soft drinks or bottled water are served during the tour.
- Round trip transport between the ship and attractions.
- The meeting point is inside the pier. Happy Fish Travel have a special permission. Our guides are located close to the main gangway, just behind the security stand (scanner).
- Our guides will be at pier with a sign and the name of the tour on it.
- This tour has been designated an adventure tour.
- All tour guides are bi-lingual English – Spanish. For other languages please make the request in advance.
- During this tour, in some places there is no shade, pax should bring sunscream, a hat, sunglases, etc.
- During the rainy season, Sep- Nov, pax should expect some rain. Pax should bring a raincoat.
- Happy Fish Travel suggests pax to bring mosquito spray for beach and rain forest tours.
- Boats and tour guide are equipped with First-Aid Kit in case of accidents.
- Pax should wear comfortable shoes.
- Pax should be advised to bring a backpack to store cameras, film, sunscream and any other belongings for easy travel.
- This tour is designed for active people that enjoy exercise and the great outdoors.
- 30 minutes by boat from the port to the Caribbean town of Livingston.
- 2 hours for you to see the Caribbean town of Livingston.
- 30 minutes of returning to port.